Let’s get back to dinner!
You guys sure were having fun giving me a few weeks of desserts Buuuutt… we’ve got to get back to the main course sometime. So I decided chicken nuggets would be good and I figured I’d show you all how I do chicken nuggets!
I have attached a link to a traditional chicken nugget recipe (not trying to pick on our local Ree Drummond) but it was the first one to pop up on Google.
The Nutrition Facts are quite crazy for two people (and that is what is listed) but the recipe states it serves 2 to 4
The nutrition facts even serving 4 would be around 400 calories a piece.. and with only 2 pieces of chicken-those servings would be tiny!
I kept my recipe to 2 servings but they were still quite large and could probably serve 3 kids or 1 adult and one child quite well!
Here is MY recipe
300g diced chicken, raw
1 serving almonds
1 serving spicy pork rinds (I used Aldi Brand)
½ serving Simply Organic White Cheddar Puffs (you can sub for any cheddar puff you have available)
1 serving parmesan cheese (powder)
¼-1/2 tsp of: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, to taste and your personal preference
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
2 servings yellow mustard
Reduced sugar ketchup, for serving
Now I used my Pizzaz Rotating Pizza Oven to cook them but you can also bake them at around 400 degrees.
- Mix the mustard, milk and a little extra pepper together in a bowl
2. Add the chicken to the milk mixture and let it sit in fridge for 30 minutes (or however long you have)
3. Assemble all the dry ingredients and pulse the almonds, rinds and puffs together in a coffee grinder until it resembles bread crumbs (you’ll have to work in batches).
4. Add the spices to the dry mix and mix well.
5. Coat the chicken in the dry mix, piece by piece and place on a piece of parchment paper. I use Coconut Oil Spray to lightly spray the chicken to help it be even more crisp, but that step is optional.
Bake at around 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then flip over. Continue baking for another 3-5 minutes and then check for doneness. If they aren’t done then bake until they are.
The pizzaz and a regular oven cook slightly different so keep an eye on them!
Serve with reduced sugar ketchup or sauce of choice!
Here are the nutrition facts, serving 2:
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!