I need to warm up!
And is there really any better way to do that other than a nice bowl of chili!
I am taking a page from my old book here and brining you this low carb chili.
May I suggest serving it with my low carb cornbread?
Low Carb Chili
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, ground chicken or turkey ( I used grass fed beef)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 oz.) no salt added tomato paste
- 4 cups water (or chicken broth)
- 1 heaping tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- couple easy shakes of nutmeg
- 2 heaping tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- brown meat and drain off fat, rinse well.
- while the meat is draining, add the water and tomato paste together in a medium saucepan, let it start to cook
- chop your onion and mix all your spices in a small bowl
- add the Worcestershire sauce, onion and spice mix to the water/tomato paste base and bring to a boil
- Add the oatmeal and bring to a rapid boil and then turn off heat
- add the meat and sauce to a large crockpot and set on high for one hour, then turn heat to low for 2-3 hours (or until your ready to eat).
- Top with some shredded cheese and enjoy!
Nutrition facts, per serving:
Sugar 4g (still higher than I would like)
Fat 13g (5g sat)
I know you might be looking at me a little weird with the cinnamon and nutmeg, just try it. I quite liked it!