Long time no recipe guys!!! Between podcasting, starting my new company and blazing through life like I’m living on rocket-fuel it’s been a tad busy!
BUT… I managed to make a BOMB breakfast for the boys the other morning and I wanted to share!
I am loving the Keto WOE and getting creative when it comes to treats is my “bacon and butta’ “!
This recipe uses a special little ingredient, Grass Fed Collagen Protein. While Collagen isn’t the best muscle building protein, the amino acids are specifically great for joints, ligaments, tendons, healthy hair and tissues. And this protein cooks up without causing dryness like Whey can and also has added MCT (medium chain triglycerides) to give you even more high performing fat burning fuel!
Perfect Keto Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Scones
Scone Base (will be divided)
>3 cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided (1.5 cups each)
>1.5 cups of Almond Flour, divided (generous ¾ cup in one, scant ¾ cup in another)
>1 scoop Perfect Keto Collagen plus MCT protein powder
>4 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese
>2 tsp cocoa powder
> liquid stevia extract to taste (I used 1 dropper full for entire recipe)
> 1 tbsp Baking powder, divided
>1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
>2 tbsp butter, softened
>2 tsp powdered sweetener such as Swerve
>2 tbsp low sugar all natural peanut butter
>2 tsp coconut oil
> 1/4 tsp maple extract, optional
>1 serving lily’s sugar free chocolate chips
– 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese, softened
> ¼ tsp – ½ tsp maple extract, optional (to taste)
> 4 drops liquid stevia, to taste
>1/2 tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350. Seperate out the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese into two separate bowls. Divided the almond flour as described above. In the scat ¾ cup almond flour add a scoop of Perfect Keto Collagen plus MCT and ½ tbsp. baking powder and 2 tsp cocoa powder. In the other add in ½ tbsp. baking powder. Stir both well.
- In a large bowl, melt first divided mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and if stringy, microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. Continue this process until melted and of a doughy consistency.
- Add in almond flour, and stevia drops mixing in until dough consistency is reached again. Roll into a ball and set aside.
- Repeat the above instructions with the remaining cheese, cream cheese mixture, adding in the almond flour, Perfect Keto and cocoa powder mix.
- Spread dough 1 out into a rectangle being careful to not to flatten it out too thin, you want to be able to roll it easily.
- Spread the softened butter over the top of the crust. Sprinkle cinnamon, sweetener, evenly over the dough.
- Carefully, roll up, lengthwise, into a log. Set aside.
- Repeat steps with dough 2, spreading into a rectangle.
- Then melt peanut butter, coconut oil and maple extract in microwave for 15 seconds. Stir. Spread over the surface of the dough. Add in the chocolate chips placing throughout the dough. Carefully, roll up, lengthwise, into a log.
- Place both logs next to each other and carefully braid them together, then turning into a circle. (this picture below was taken AFTER baking)
11.Bake for 20 minutes, approx… PLEASE WATCH CLOSELY! Oven temperatures and altitudes cause a variation. Take out, and let cool for 5 minutes.
12.Glaze as desired and cut into 8-10 equal sized scones. Enjoy!
*store in the fridge for up to 1 week
Saturated Fat 9g